Social icons

Knee slit jeans #DIY

Sunday, January 25, 2015 Am I the only one whose boredom brings forth their creative side? No right? Ok, ok. So I was on Pinterest and came across a few pictures of what I call "barely distressed jeans." And I figured, eh theres a few jeans I don't wear, why not? So I gathered my tools and got to work.



What you'll need:
1. Jeans (of course)
2. A pencil or chalk
3. Scissors
***Optional***
4. A pair of tweezers
5. Sandpaper
6. Cardboard or a magazine

So, first I tried the jeans on and marked where I wanted to cut with my pencil. I wanted my slits well blow the knee so thats where I marked.

 photo denim20diy202_zpsij2m65qk.jpg

After I took the pants off, the doctor made the first incision. Lol no but, I made a little cut to start off with. Just make sure you don't cut through both sides, because then you'll have shorts honey. Putting a magazine or a piece of cardboard in each pant leg helps with preventing that. So I cut a somewhat straight line across on both legs and ended up with this:

 photo 5ac1b1e3-9f3b-41d4-a924-46654ac8d1d4_zpschlihxyd.jpg

That was not distressed enough for me, but it's cool if you want to stop here because once you toss them in the wash they'll fray up anyway. I got a piece of sandpaper and passed it back and forth a few times where I made my slit and got this:

 photo denim20diy204_zpsemvjqgze.jpg

I love them! If this isn't enough for you, you can tug at the frayed parts with a pair of tweezers, but I stopped there. And these are what they look like after being washed and dried:

 photo denim20diy205_zps5jle9mc0.jpg

Maybe when it gets a bit warmer I'll style these :)
xx AaliyahVernice

2 comments

Powered by Blogger.

xx AaliyahVernice