Social icons

Colourpop Cosmetics

Sunday, March 29, 2015 Recently I've been hearing about a brand called Colourpop all over youtube. I'd planned to try it out (it was on the list) in the future based on all the great reviews. But once my close friend came to me raving about her new flawless colourpop lipstick, while wearing her new flawless colourpop lipstick, I had to try it.

 photo IMG_5021_zpsowzgorno.jpg

I bought two Lippie Stix, a Lippie Pencil, and a Super Shock Cheek. Aka two lipsticks, a lip pencil, and a blush, but aren't their names cuter? I think so. 

 photo IMG_4976_zpsf795cvdz.jpg

My purple lipstick collection was lacking, so I picked the colors Leather and Feminist. Both of which are matte purples. 

 photo IMG_4985_zpskf6vicqx.jpg

Leather is described as a deep blackened violet in a matte finish. This color is absolutely beautiful on and it stays on. I wear it all the time. P.S. This is the color my friend had. 

Application: 25|25 
Pigmentation: 25|25
Staying Power: 25|25
Price: 25|25
Overall: 100|100

 photo IMG_4991_zpsmp6wguig.jpg

Feminist is described as a black purple in a matte finish. I believe it's the closest a purple can be to black and I love it. A beautiful vampy color that lasts all day. 

Application: 25|25
Pigmentation: 25|25
Staying Power: 25|25
Price: 25|25
Overall: 100|100


 photo IMG_4992_zpsi5hzjmyf.jpg

On the Colourpop website, every Lippie Stix has its matching Lippie Pencil. Which I love! So I picked up the Feminist Lippie Pencil. I use it for both colors I bought because I love that whole Chola lip look. Not only does it work perfectly for that but for my greyish purple lipstick from Kiko as well. 

Application: 25|25
Pigmentation: 25|25
Staying Power: 25|25
Price: 25|25
Overall: 100|100

 photo IMG_5025_zpsrddeytyi.jpg

I'm always on the hunt for blushes that flatter my skin tone and honeyyyyy swift is it! I usually wear deep colors on my cheeks so when I saw this pretty brown color I thought why not. It's described as a rich deep warm brown in a matte finish. However it looks like it has red undertones. I love it regardless. If you're more pale than I am, this color will make an amazing contour or bronzer. 

Application: 25|25
Pigmentation: 25|25
Staying Power: 25|25
Price: 25|25
Overall: 100|100

What I love about Colourpop is...
. The products have swatches, on two to three skin tones right on the website. As someone who usually goes to google images praying that someone close to my complexion happened to swatch a product that I want, I can't even describe how much I love that. 

. They have great products for really affordable prices. Lipsticks, pencils, and eyeshadows are $5 each, and blushes are $8 each. Shipping is $4.99 and free shipping over $30. You can't beat that. 

. Products come with use and care instructions to keep them in tip top shape for as long as possible. The usage tips are really accurate and tell you how to achieve different amounts of coverage. 

. Colourpop sends you a special hand written note which every purchase. Mine thanked me for being awesome:). 

Colourpop is definitely worth a try there's tons of beautiful colors to play around with and the selection is always expanding. 

xx AaliyahVernice


6 comments

  1. Great post, can't wait to give this brand a try

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colourpop needs to collaborate with you !! Make it real spicy girl ! 💃💃💃

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

xx AaliyahVernice