Social icons

The power of the list !

Sunday, March 15, 2015 I'm pretty sure that everyone who knows me knows about, the list. The beloved list is simply a few (more like a few dozen c'mon Aaliyah let's be real) products and clothing items that I'd like to own. It keeps me from buying everything I see when I go into a store, well most of the time. Think about it, how many times do you go to a store for one thing and leave with five? Sure the top you went for will look great with the jeans on the rack next to it but it'll look just as great with the jeans already in your closet.

 photo 9aa37cd0-e843-4e15-931f-387cbafd44ac_zps8r3uenfc.png
I keep the clothing bit of my list on Pinterest. It helps if I can see it, and I just give the items a nice little check when I get them. 

 photo 610271f4-0146-4a27-ac58-7c21b6aa6c04_zpsafvesjwx.png
The remaining bits of my list are kept in the reminders on my iPhone. There is no better feeling than checking off an item you got, watching it disappear, and looking at the section of things you have vs those you don't later on.

I try to be particular with the items I put on my list. Just because it looks nice, doesn't mean that I have to have it. So I try to keep these three questions in mind:
1. Is it worth it?
- If it's just something you want to try for the sake of trying, go with a sample. There's no better way to find out if it's worth buying or not. With clothing, go to the store, feel it, check the quality, and try that bad boy on while you're at it. 

2. Will I use this... Like really use it?
- DON'T get a dust collector. If you don't really see yourself using it, leave it on the shelf for someone who will. 

3. Do I have something like this?
- There are many reasons for a dupe, ok not really. If you already have something extremely similar or something that'll serve the same purpose, chances are it isn't list worthy. 

May the lists be ever in your favor

xx AaliyahVernice

2 comments

Powered by Blogger.

xx AaliyahVernice