Social icons

Gerard cosmetics review

Sunday, November 8, 2015 I got more makeup!!!
 photo Gerard201_zpsxjrurrah.jpg
After hearing a lot about Gerard Cosmetics, and I mean a LOT, I made the decision to give the brand a try. I've been doing a bit of makeup shopping and wanted to try out some new lipsticks. So I got four pretty gold bullets. I love the gold bullets! I picked up 1995, French Toast, Underground (because I just had to get a grayish tone), and Cherry Cordial.
 photo Gerard202_zpspij1zjpg.jpg
1995 (Matte) is described as a neutral 90's nude, but it wears differently on different people. For me, it came off as a pinkish orangish shade. I know that sounds weird, but I love it! It's so pretty I have nothing like it in my collection.
 photo Gerard203_zpsgrjzx8bi.jpg
Application: 25|25
Pigmentation: 20|25 I had to do a few swipes to get it as opaque as I wanted.
Staying Power: 25|25
Price: 25|25
Overall: 95|100

French Toast (Cream), another neutral, came off as a shiner 1995. The two colors were ver similar to me, as they were on the website, so I'm not mad. It's a really pretty color, and now I have a matte and a cream version. So I went from having no pinky oranges in my collection to two :).
 photo Gerard204_zpsij1hkntk.jpg
Application: 25|25
Pigmentation: 23|25 I had to do a few less swipes than with 1995.
Staying Power 25|25
Price: 25|25
Overall: 98|100

Underground (Satin), oh Underground. This color was right up my alley, a pinky grey toned nude. It falls right into my dead girl lip collection while still being a little different from the others.
 photo Gerard205_zpshoj9zlpr.jpg 
Application: 25|25
Pigmentation: 25|25
Staying Power: 23|25
Price: 25|25
Overall: 98|100

Cherry Cordial (Matte) was described to have a rich vampy berry undertone to it. I love this color. Like love. According to the website, this color can be worn as a sheer stain or an opaque satin lipstick. So when I tried it I only did one swipe. The finish of it was similar to that of a liquid lipstick, which was perfect. It felt like I had nothing on.
 photo Gerard206_zpsxyqbshxr.jpg
Application: 25|25
Pigmentation: 25|25
Staying Power: 25|25
Price: 25|25
Overall: 100|100

So all in all I like these lipsticks a lot. They weren't drying, didn't drag, and the colors were pretty unique in my opinion. Cherry Cordial is my current favorite, I wear it all the time. I know, I thought it'd be Underground too., but I do switch it up sometimes. Gerard cosmetics has sales often so if you do decide to try some of their products, be sure to check the sale tab first.

xx AaliyahVernice


Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

xx AaliyahVernice